Most affordable Commercial Motor Car Insurance Quotation
Do you know that not all companies provide Z10 commercial coverage for Go-Jek/Grab usage and premiums prices vary greatly among different insurers?
At Firstlane, our mission is to help drivers like you easily navigate the world of insurance, get the best rates, and start driving with confidence using your own car.
By partnering with leading insurance providers, we’ve simplified the way you sort out your car insurance. Our dedicated team has done the legwork for you, ensuring that you have access to the best rates in the market.
No more spending hours hunting for quotes or getting lost in confusing jargon. We have partnered with the leading Z10 commercial broker to compare and offer you the most affordable quote!
Getting started is a breeze. Just fill out our simple form below, providing us with a few key details about yourself and your vehicle. Once you hit submit, our team will swing into action, gathering personalized quotes tailored to your specific needs and will get back to you within 48 hours!
Not to worry, filling up the form and speaking to our insurance specialist does not mean you must buy through us! You are free to compare our quote with other agents!
How Much is my Z10 Commercial Car Insurance for Grab/Gojek?
Quotation on the premium price for Z10 depends on the factors listed below.
- Type of coverage: For those who are new to car insurance, there are three types depending on levels of coverage. We will share with you what each type covers and not cover.
–Comprehensive: As the name suggests, this type provides the most extensive coverage. At the same time, it is the most expensive option. The policies will also cover damage that you cause to another person’s property or body. on top of that, This option cover damage to your Vehicle from accidents regardless of owner fault which includes highly unlikely incident like fire, theft and vandalism. Depending on the company and the policy, comprehensive auto insurance may also cover civil riots and acts of God like a fallen tree or floods.
–Third-party, Fire and Theft: This policy is like the middle ground of comprehensive and third party only. This policy provides coverage for the damages of the other party’s vehicle, but not yours, if you were to knock into another person’s vehicle. However, this policy would provide coverage if your car were to catch fire, be vandalized, or get stolen.
–Third-party: This is the minimum requirement for you to drive a car in Singapore and it is the option with the lowest cost which provides the least coverage. It will cover only damages that you cause to other people’s property, such as their vehicle, fences or streetlights. However, if your car were to be damaged in an accident, you would have to bear the full cost for the damages incurred on your own car while the insurer would pay for the damages incurred to the other party.
- Driver’s age: Young drivers under 30 have been shown to be more distracted and reckless when driving which means at higher risk of an accident. For people above the age of 65, they are perceived to have slower reflexes which pose a danger when driving. Thus, people under 30 and above 65 can expect to pay higher premiums than people aged 30-65 due to their higher risk as perceived by the insurer.
- Gender: Although female drivers have often been subjected to jokes and discrimination of being a bad driver, their premiums are usually lower than men as some companies perceive women to be safer drivers. Even industry data shows that women typically pay between $10 to $60 less per year than their male counterparts. So, be sure to think again when y’all criticize your female friends for being bad drivers.
- Job nature, driving experience: Besides your age, insurance companies generally look at the number of years you’ve been driving on the road to gauge how well you can drive and decide on your risk of an accident. They generally equate more experience with better drivers so new drivers would be charged at a higher premium.
- What type of vehicle and capacity (cc): Generally, if you’re driving cars like continental, luxury or SUVs, do expect to pay more as the cost of repair would be higher. In addition, for vehicle with higher engine capacities, there would also be a higher premium.
- Age of Vehicle: It’s natural to assume older vehicle require a higher premium as it would be harder to repair the older parts. However, premiums are pretty stable until you reach the 8th year in a 10 year gauge.
- Driver’s clam history
- Excess amount: The amount that you have to pay upfront in an accident. To put it simply, an “excess” is a sum of money we would have to fork out first before the insurance company would cover the rest of the cost. As a benchmark, most company would generate quotes based on a $500-$600 excess which is what most drivers are willing to pay on their own. However, this quote is not fixed and you may choose to increase or lower the excess amount. A higher excess would mean a lower premium. Vice versa, if you pay a lower excess, there would be a higher premium to be paid. To understand excess, Let’s say a driver got into an accident and the car has to go for repairs which cost $5,000. You have an excess of $500, so the company would fork out the remaining $4,500 for your repairs. When looking at car insurance quotes, be sure to consider at both the excess and premium as you would want to balance the needs. on one hand you do not want to let an accident left you in a bad financial situation but on the other hand you do not wish to overpay the premium than what is necessary
- No-Claim-Discount (NCD): This is a way for insurer to reward you for being a safe and careful driver. It is a count of the number of years in which you haven’t made a claim on your policy and reduces the premium you have to pay the following year. Although it is non-essential, it would help you to save an amount of money. Insurers will usually give a 10% discount for every year that you don’t make any claims, up to a limit of 50% for five years or longer. Therefore, although there are some factors which we are not able to change, there are other factors we can workaround to get a more Affordable Quotation
We compare different motor car insurance to best suit your needs.
- We provide a fast and competitive quote within 2 working days; You don’t even need to look up car insurance companies one by one as we will bring the quote to you! All you need to do is fill up a simple form and we would get back to you within 48 hours via Whatsapp. It’s convenient and fuss-free!
- There would be a dedicated manager to advise you on your motor car insurance options; Any questions can be easily and conveniently answered with your own advisor.
- The service for a quote is free and you’re not obligated to take it up; Unlike other websites, we do not charge for you to get a quote. If you’re still looking to compare with other websites, you’re free to do so. But, why waste time?
- We have helped thousands of car owners save money by getting them a cheaper quote. We recognize that every cent counts and we ensure that our business partners are handpicked through a stringent process so that they can bring you the best deals to maximize savings.
- When you have a flu, you go to the GP. When you have a heart attack, you go to the specialist! Firstlane is the Professional specialist in private-hire matters in Singapore and is followed by Tens of thousands on social media. We have helped many people get started driving on the private-hire platform. We go through a stringent process to handpick our broker partner to bring only the best deal and service to our private-hire community!
“I’ve been a client for many years. I appreciate the courtesy from the staff and advise to get the most affordable Commercial car insurance for my need. Thank you for a Job well done!”
~ Leon Yang – PHV Driver
“I Heard about firstlane from my friends and tried out their service. As expected it was good and questions were promptly answered!”
~ Bill Hong
FAQ on Motor Car Commercial Insurance?
- I have No claim discount from my clean driving record over the past years, is it transferable to my Commercial Insurance
Yes, our insurance specialist will help you to transfer your No-Claim-Discount to your new policy (if any)
- Why do I need Commercial Insurance to drive for Gojek/Grab
All vehicles that intend to provide phv services are required to provide adequate coverage for their business of ferrying riders for a fee.
- Is my Commercial Insurance valid for both Gojek and Grab
Yes, you can use your vehicle for both Gojek and Grab.
Using own car to Drive for Gojek and Grab in Singapore
Thinking of using your own vehicle to make extra money driving for Gojek and Grab in Singapore?
Not sure how you are going to do that?
It is simple and we will guide you through in 5 easy steps,
Step 1- Set up the company online (Optional). Update – LTA remove need to set up new company with effect from 1 October 2017
Step 2 – Get the best quote from our Commercial Insurance (Z10) Specialist Partner
Step 3 – Convert car to Z10 classification @ One Motoring
Step 4 – Register at Go-Jek and Grab with your vehicle log card, insurance certificate and ACRA business registration details (if under company)
Grab has suspended its vehicle age requirement effective Feb 2023, in another word COE Car is allowed to be registered for Grab platform. Find our more about the Car Requirement for PHV use in Grab/Gojek